Subject: bug#44102: 28.0.50; [feature/native-comp] defalias to a macro is broken

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 19:43:59 +0000

Hi Kisaragi,

This appear to be a bug in parifer-mode.

The following code

===
(if (fboundp 'save-mark-and-excursion)
    (defalias 'parinfer-save-excursion 'save-mark-and-excursion)
  (defalias 'parinfer-save-excursion 'save-excursion))
===

is evaluated at load time while the macro definition should be present
at compile time to be effective.  To obtain this the form in discussion
should be wrapped in an `eval-when-compile' to be effective.

You should be getting the same error byte compiling the file from a
fresh Emacs where this package was not loaded.

I'm closing this, feel free to link this discussion if you open a PR to
parifer-mode or reply to this if you need more info.

Thanks for reporting this!

  Andrea