Subject: bug#44100: Patch

From: Amin Bandali <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 09:54:13 -0500

Hi Olivier,

Olivier Certner writes:

> Hello Amin,
>
> Sorry for the late reply, I missed these mails in a flood of other mails.
>

No problem!

>
> And sorry as well for the ChangeLog entry, I had read CONTRIBUTE, but
> mixed things up (there is a section explaining how to generate change
> log entries in Emacs afterwards, and I forgot the earlier advice).
>

Ah :-).  No worries; I thought I'd point out CONTRIBUTE just in case
you'd missed it.

>
>> [...]
>>
>> I welcome anyone who would like to volunteer to send a patch for
>> updating those functions to work with a normalized list of lists for
>> those two variables, granted they can provide a convincing argument that
>> their change is correct and does not break the current behaviour, does
>> not dramatically further increase the complexity of the algorithms, and
>> is ideally backward compatible with the current non-normalized structure
>> of those two variables as well.
>
> I'll have a look at this next week.
>
> Thanks and regards.

Sounds good, thanks!  Please keep us updated on how it goes.

Also, since implementing this will likely cross the ~15 line triviality
threshold, I sent you a copy of the copyright assignment request form
off-list, which you would fill out and send to the copyright clerk to
start the process of assigning the copyright for your changes to Emacs
to the FSF.

Thanks,
amin