Subject: bug#44100: Patch

From: Olivier Certner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2020 17:38:11 +0100

Hello Amin,

Sorry for the late reply, I missed these mails in a flood of other mails.

And sorry as well for the ChangeLog entry, I had read CONTRIBUTE, but mixed 
things up (there is a section explaining how to generate change log entries in 
Emacs afterwards, and I forgot the earlier advice).

> [...]
>
> I welcome anyone who would like to volunteer to send a patch for
> updating those functions to work with a normalized list of lists for
> those two variables, granted they can provide a convincing argument that
> their change is correct and does not break the current behaviour, does
> not dramatically further increase the complexity of the algorithms, and
> is ideally backward compatible with the current non-normalized structure
> of those two variables as well.

I'll have a look at this next week.

Thanks and regards.

-- 
Olivier Certner