Subject: Re: bug#44080: 27.1; Display behavior of overlays `after-string` in resizable minibuffer frames

From: Clemens <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 13:10:30 +0100

> Fine.  I've pushed your changes now as commit
> e0de9f3295b4c46cb7198ec0b9634809d7b7a36d.  Please have a look and close
> the bug if everything is OK.

Looks good to me except the NEWS entry which on second look wasn't 
precise enough. I have attached a patch which aims to fix it. Thanks for 
all your help!
diff --git a/etc/NEWS b/etc/NEWS
index f0b5dd088a..61f9c0e1fe 100644
--- a/etc/NEWS
+++ b/etc/NEWS
@@ -35,10 +35,10 @@ This is a bug-fix release with no new features.
 
 * Lisp Changes in Emacs 27.2
 
-*** The behavior of the user option 'resize-mini-frames' has changed.
-If set to non-nil, resize the mini frame using the new function
-'fit-mini-frame-to-buffer' which won't skip leading or trailing empty
-lines of the buffer.
+** The behavior of the user option 'resize-mini-frames' has changed.
+If set to a non-nil value which isn't a function, resize the mini
+frame using the new function 'fit-mini-frame-to-buffer' which won't
+skip leading or trailing empty lines of the buffer.
 
 
 * Editing Changes in Emacs 27.2