Subject: Re: gnu: poetry: Update to 1.1.4.

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2020 16:41:14 +0100

Hello,

Tanguy LE CARROUR <[email-masked]> writes:

> Would have it been better for me to submit separate patches, as they are
> not really specific to Poetry, and wait for them to be merged before
> submitting a patch set with only `poetry-core` and `poetry`?

The sole "problematic" patch is the one updating python-distlib, in the
sense that it cannot be applied in the same branch as the others (unless
everything goes into core-updates, of course).

If you can split the set into independent parts, i.e., if you don't
really need to update python-distlib prior to updating Poetry, we can
process it differently.

> The process is not yet clear to me. Out of sheer curiosity… can someone object
> to a merge in master? Who would that be?

Per (info "(guix) Submitting Patches"), packages with more than 1800
dependent packages, as is the case with python-distlib, are updated in
the "core-updates" branch. If I apply it on master branch, it will be
reverted presto by another commiter.

Does that make sense?

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou