Subject: Re: [bug#44077] [PATCH 1/2] gnu: Add python-poetry-core.

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 21:46:37 +0200

Hello,

Tanguy Le Carrour <[email-masked]> writes:

> Le 10/20, Nicolas Goaziou a écrit :

[...]

>> > +          (base32
>> > +            "1mgv276h1iphn5fqhp2sgkgd5d0c39hs33vgaf157x5ri7rlyrka"))))
>> 
>> Nitpick: move the string on the same line as `base32'.
>
> I have no clue what the rule is, but… most (but not all!?) packages in
> `gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm` have the string on a new line.

Note that "everyone else does this" may not be a strong reason to do
something. ;)

I suspect that most packages in this file come from the "pypi" importer,
which automatically adds this newline character, for some reason.

> I'll leave it on a new line if it's OK with you.

This spurious newline character hurts my eyes and my logic, but
ultimately, it will not hurt me. So, if that's important to you, go
ahead.

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou