Subject: bug#44067: 27.1; Inconsistency between Emacs and Elisp manuals

From: immanuel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 16:32:20 +0200

ELisp manual says:
" If this second dir-locals file is present, then that is loaded instead of
 ‘.dir-locals.el’."

Emacs manual says:
" You can also use ‘.dir-locals-2.el’; if found, Emacs loads it in
addition to ‘.dir-locals.el’."

In GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30, cairo version 1.15.10)
 of 2020-08-24 built on prometheus
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11906000
System Description: Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS

Recent messages:
C-h <mouse-1> is undefined
Mark set
Saving file /home/immanuel/workspace/configuration/tmp...
Wrote /home/immanuel/workspace/configuration/tmp
Mark set
Auto-saving...done
Mark set [3 times]
Saving file /home/immanuel/workspace/configuration/tmp...
Wrote /home/immanuel/workspace/configuration/tmp
Making completion list...

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr/ --without-pop --with-sound=alsa
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-wide-int --with-modules --with-x
 --with-pdumper --with-cairo'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF
ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS PDUMPER LCMS2
GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  semantic-minor-modes-format: ((:eval (if (or semantic-highlight-edits-mode semantic-show-unmatched-syntax-mode)  S)))
  global-magit-file-mode: t
  magit-file-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  global-edit-server-edit-mode: t
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  straight-use-package-mode: t
  straight-package-neutering-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/immanuel/.emacs.d/straight/build/ghc-rts/ghc-rts hides /home/immanuel/.emacs.d/elpa/ghc-rts-20201012.1814/ghc-rts
/home/immanuel/.emacs.d/straight/build/ghc-rts/ghc-rts-autoloads hides /home/immanuel/.emacs.d/elpa/ghc-rts-20201012.1814/ghc-rts-autoloads
/home/immanuel/.emacs.d/straight/build/cmake-mode/cmake-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake-mode
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides /usr/share/emacs/27.1/lisp/textmodes/ispell
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell hides /usr/share/emacs/27.1/lisp/textmodes/flyspell
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/rst hides /usr/share/emacs/27.1/lisp/textmodes/rst
/home/immanuel/.emacs.d/straight/build/let-alist/let-alist hides /usr/share/emacs/27.1/lisp/emacs-lisp/let-alist

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug mule-util bug-reference magit-extras
org-capture org-agenda nov recentf tree-widget esxml-query cmake-ide
levenshtein find-file flycheck-rtags rtags-xref company-rtags rtags
repeat asm-mode flycheck dockerfile-mode sh-script smie executable
docker docker-volume docker-network docker-machine docker-image
docker-container docker-faces docker-compose docker-utils json-mode
json-reformat json-snatcher js docker-core cmacexp cap-words superword
subword pulse face-remap magit-bookmark magit-submodule magit-obsolete
magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull
magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence
magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch
magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos
magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func magit-diff smerge-mode diff
magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin magit-transient magit-process
magit-mode git-commit magit-git magit-section magit-utils crm log-edit
pcvs-util add-log with-editor async-bytecomp async ag ag-autoloads
vc-svn misearch multi-isearch projectile projectile-autoloads skeleton
ibuf-macs find-dired autoload ido ol-eww ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info
ol-gnus nnir gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap
nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
gnus-win ol-docview ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m cl-print debug
backtrace eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe completion help-fns
radix-tree vc-git diff-mode company-oddmuse company-keywords
company-etags company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev
company-files company-clang company-capf company-cmake company-semantic
company-template company-bbdb view agda2 ghc-rts ghc-rts-autoloads
edit-server edit-server-autoloads pdf-occur ibuf-ext ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs tablist tablist-filter semantic/wisent/comp
semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes semantic/util
semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet
pdf-isearch pdf-misc pdf-tools cus-edit cus-start cus-load pdf-view
bookmark pp pdf-cache pdf-info tq pdf-util pdf-tools-autoloads
package-lint let-alist imenu finder lisp-mnt package-lint-autoloads
il-st il-st-utils il-st-core org-element avl-tree il-st-autoloads
esqlite pcsv esqlite-autoloads pcsv-autoloads nov-autoloads
esxml-autoloads il-ide il-ide-autoloads cmake-ide-autoloads
levenshtein-autoloads cmake-mode cmake-mode-autoloads haskell-mode
haskell-cabal haskell-utils haskell-font-lock haskell-indentation
haskell-string haskell-sort-imports haskell-lexeme haskell-align-imports
haskell-complete-module haskell-ghc-support flymake-proc flymake
warnings etags fileloop generator xref project dabbrev haskell-customize
haskell-mode-autoloads flycheck-autoloads let-alist-autoloads
pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads company pcase company-autoloads alert
log4e notifications dbus gntp alert-autoloads log4e-autoloads
gntp-autoloads dockerfile-mode-autoloads docker-autoloads
tablist-autoloads json-mode-autoloads rx json-snatcher-autoloads
json-reformat-autoloads docker-tramp-autoloads docker-tramp tramp-cache
yasnippet yasnippet-autoloads finder-inf magit-autoloads
git-commit-autoloads with-editor-autoloads async-autoloads transient
transient-autoloads f f-autoloads dash-functional
dash-functional-autoloads dash dash-autoloads s s-autoloads ob-plantuml
ob-haskell ob-shell ob-python org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys org-compat advice org-macs
org-loaddefs find-func term disp-table ehelp eww mm-url gnus nnheader
wid-edit thingatpt url-queue url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history mailcap shr url-cookie url-domsuf url-util svg
xml dom smtpmail sendmail message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils
gmm-utils mailheader ps-print ps-print-loaddefs ps-def lpr python
tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x
tramp-compat shell pcomplete parse-time iso8601 time-date ls-lisp
format-spec ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-init hippie-exp cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
time desktop frameset server doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif dired
dired-loaddefs grep compile comint ansi-color delsel winner ring
autorevert filenotify cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs edmacro kmacro
use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core
use-package-autoloads bind-key-autoloads straight-autoloads info
cl-extra help-mode straight package easymenu browse-url url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit
x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 656725 74402)
 (symbols 48 62439 1)
 (strings 32 185596 28459)
 (string-bytes 1 6509609)
 (vectors 16 79648)
 (vector-slots 8 1449928 115942)
 (floats 8 722 485)
 (intervals 56 14745 1556)
 (buffers 1000 67))