Subject: Re: bug#44065: 28.0.50; SVG image not shown completely

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 19:31:02 +0300

> Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 20:54:44 +0100
> From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>,
>  Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
> 
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 12:15:25PM -0500, Sheng Yang wrote:
> > 
> > > Thanks. I've attached a new one that doesn't try playing with
> > > stylesheets since that's not necessary for this fix.
> > 
> > This time compiles with librsvg 2.44.10-2.1 (on Debian 10.6), but
> > the bug persists. For librsvg 2.50 (on Arch Linux), the patch
> > continues to work smoothly.
> 
> I suppose if we're very concerned about it, we can remove the ability
> to resize and set colours when using librsvg < 2.45 and therefore get
> rid of this bug everywhere.

Sounds too drastic to me.  The bug seems to affect rare images, and
then only crops a few pixels (I initially didn't even see the
cropping).  By contrast, losing the background feature is quite a
loss.  And with my relatively ancient version of librsvg I see the bug
even before the face background feature was installed, so this is not
a regression for me.

Can't we just say this bug will persist unless new enough librsvg is
used?