Subject: Re: bug#44065: 28.0.50; SVG image not shown completely

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2020 11:10:02 +0200

On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 10:43:53 +0200 Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> > Maybe it depends on the version of librsvg? or some dependency of
>>> > librsvg?
>>>
>>> My system uses librsvg-2.48.2.
>>
>> 2.40.1 here.
>
> 2.50.1 here.  So it looks like something changed between 2.40 and 2.48
> somewhere.

One thing that changed with 2.41 is the implementation of librsvg:

https://download.gnome.org/sources/librsvg/2.41/librsvg-2.41.0.news

  Version 2.41.0
  - The big news is that parts of librsvg are now implemented in the
    Rust programming language, instead of C. [...]
  - Code that has been converted to Rust:  marker orientations and
    rendering, path data parser, path building, length normalization,
    gradient inheritance, bounding boxes with affine transformations.

Maybe that led to the clipping?  (But I can't readily check how 2.41
displays SVGs in Emacs.)

Steve Berman