Subject: bug#44058: closed (Re: bug#44058: Crashing maybe due to NS internal borders (c4c5db3de70b55f8bc03c9fee35e29d60f41f16e))

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 19:10:02 +0000

Your bug report

#44058: 28.0.50; native-comp builds crashs 

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
44058: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=44058
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#44058: Crashing maybe due to NS internal borders (c4c5db3de70b55f8bc03c9fee35e29d60f41f16e)
From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
To: Andrii Kolomoiets <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Vincent Zhang <[email-masked]>, Dale Sedivec <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 20:09:21 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 10:05:06AM +0300, Andrii Kolomoiets wrote:
> Dale Sedivec <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Hi, I'm seeing something similar, and indeed I'm seeing it on master
> > (and also native-comp, but this message is about master).  We have
> > clear_garbaged_frames in common on our stack, at least.
> 
> You may be interested in the small patch by Alan from Bug#43973:
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=43973#11
> 
> Emacs was crashing for me also with the clear_garbaged_frames on the
> stack.  Since the patch was applied, Emacs does not crash.

Hmm, I got so caught up in the other bug that I forgot about that one.
I'll push the fix to master now.

Dale and Vincent, if this doesn't fix your crash please let us know to
reopen this bug report.
-- 
Alan Third

Subject: 28.0.50; native-comp builds crashs
From: Vincent Zhang <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 14:33:17 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Process:               Emacs [82316]
Path:                  /Applications/Emacs 28.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs
Identifier:            org.gnu.Emacs
Version:               Version 28.0.50 (9.0)
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [1]
Responsible:           Emacs [82316]
User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2020-10-18 13:57:49.027 +0800
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.15.7 (19H2)
Report Version:        12
Bridge OS Version:     4.6 (17P6610)
Anonymous UUID:        862B174E-5D5F-B253-26C9-571A139C0182

Sleep/Wake UUID:       4CCA3846-2906-46E9-9A48-93FB2EDB2007

Time Awake Since Boot: 780000 seconds
Time Since Wake:       25000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000000000000c0
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

VM Regions Near 0xc0:
--> 
    __TEXT                 000000010c6c8000-000000010c934000 [ 2480K] r-x/r-x SM=COW  /Applications/Emacs 28.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   libsystem_kernel.dylib        	0x00007fff6eead33a __pthread_kill + 10
1   libsystem_pthread.dylib       	0x00007fff6ef69e60 pthread_kill + 430
2   libsystem_c.dylib             	0x00007fff6edc493e raise + 26
3   org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000000010c8edfe8 terminate_due_to_signal + 152
4   org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000000010c8ee9db emacs_abort + 15
5   org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000000010c8b4aa0 ns_term_shutdown + 80
6   org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000000010c78e614 shut_down_emacs + 340
7   org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000000010c8edfb6 terminate_due_to_signal + 102
8   org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000000010c7af5de handle_fatal_signal + 14
9   org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000000010c7af661 deliver_thread_signal + 129
10  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000000010c7adff9 deliver_fatal_thread_signal + 9
11  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000000010c7af718 handle_sigsegv + 168
12  libsystem_platform.dylib      	0x00007fff6ef5e5fd _sigtramp + 29
13  ???                           	000000000000000000 0 + 0
14  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000000010c718fb8 clear_garbaged_frames + 312
15  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000000010c6f0b4f redisplay_internal + 975
16  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000000010c7963f8 read_char + 2120
17  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000000010c844282 read_filtered_event + 386
18  subr-13adf6a6032ab09af5683e709aba3706-f50df7b84f577a02413117c5f5c47b8e.eln	0x000000010ec72d62 F7369742d666f72_sit_for_0 + 434

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin19.6.0, NS appkit-1894.60 Version 10.15.7 (Build 19H2))
 of 2020-10-17 built on nds-MacBook-Pro.local
Repository revision: 8936f4762a386cae5b94c977ee81f0d63384e766
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1894
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.15.7

Configured using:
 'configure --with-ns --with-modules
'--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-xwidgets --with-nativecomp
--without-rsvg 'CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/opt/gcc/include -O2 -march=native'
'LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/opt/gcc/lib/gcc/10
-L/usr/local/opt/libgccjit/lib/gcc/10
-L/usr/local/opt/gcc/lib/gcc/10/gcc/x86_64-apple-darwin19/10.2.0
-I/usr/local/opt/gcc/include -I/usr/local/opt/libgccjit/include''

Configured features:
JPEG TIFF PNG NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
NS MODULES NATIVE_COMP THREADS XWIDGETS JSON PDUMPER LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_CN.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8

Major mode: Dashboard

Minor modes in effect:
  global-atomic-chrome-edit-mode: t
  sis-global-inline-mode: t
  sis-inline-mode: t
  sis-global-follow-context-mode: t
  sis-follow-context-mode: t
  sis-global-respect-mode: t
  sis-global-cursor-color-mode: t
  sis-auto-refresh-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  minions-mode: t
  doom-modeline-mode: t
  default-text-scale-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  ace-pinyin-global-mode: t
  ace-pinyin-mode: t
  global-aggressive-indent-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  beginend-global-mode: t
  drag-stuff-global-mode: t
  drag-stuff-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  global-hungry-delete-mode: t
  hungry-delete-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  goto-last-point-mode: t
  fancy-narrow-mode: t
  counsel-projectile-mode: t
  ivy-prescient-mode: t
  counsel-mode: t
  diredfl-global-mode: t
  all-the-icons-ivy-rich-mode: t
  ivy-rich-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  company-box-mode: t
  company-prescient-mode: t
  prescient-persist-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-hl-todo-mode: t
  diff-hl-flydiff-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  volatile-highlights-mode: t
  persp-mode-projectile-bridge-mode: t
  persp-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  shackle-mode: t
  org-roam-mode: t
  modern-c++-font-lock-global-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  persistent-scratch-autosave-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  projectile-rails-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  all-the-icons-ibuffer-mode: t
  dap-ui-mode: t
  dap-mode: t
  lsp-treemacs-sync-mode: t
  treemacs-filewatch-mode: t
  treemacs-follow-mode: t
  treemacs-git-mode: deferred
  treemacs-fringe-indicator-mode: t
  ace-window-display-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  editorconfig-mode: t
  global-rbenv-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  page-break-lines-mode: t
  solaire-global-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  window-divider-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(cursor-sensor shadow sort flycheck-posframe mail-extr emacsbug message
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail mail-utils mwim char-fold amx tramp-sh docker-tramp
tramp-cache tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x
tramp-compat parse-time iso8601 ls-lisp disp-table atomic-chrome
websocket let-alist sis server saveplace savehist so-long minions
doom-modeline doom-modeline-segments doom-modeline-env
doom-modeline-core shrink-path default-text-scale autorevert ace-link
ace-pinyin pinyinlib aggressive-indent anzu beginend drag-stuff
elec-pair smart-region easy-kill-mc easy-kill multiple-cursors
mc-hide-unmatched-lines-mode mc-separate-operations
rectangular-region-mode mc-mark-pop mc-mark-more mc-cycle-cursors
mc-edit-lines multiple-cursors-core rect expand-region
subword-mode-expansions text-mode-expansions cc-mode-expansions
the-org-mode-expansions ruby-mode-expansions er-basic-expansions
expand-region-core expand-region-custom hungry-delete undo-tree
goto-last-point fancy-narrow counsel-projectile ivy-prescient counsel
xdg dired-x diredfl dired dired-loaddefs swiper all-the-icons-ivy-rich
ivy-rich ivy delsel ivy-faces ivy-overlay colir company-box
company-box-doc frame-local company-box-icons company-files
company-keywords company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-yasnippet
company-capf company-prescient prescient company linum whitespace
treemacs-bookmarks bookmark pp paren hl-todo diff-hl-flydiff diff
diff-hl vc-dir etags fileloop volatile-highlights
persp-mode-projectile-bridge vc-git diff-mode editorconfig-core
editorconfig-core-handle editorconfig-fnmatch treemacs-persp persp-mode
windmove winner shackle trace org-roam org-roam-link org-roam-graph xml
org-roam-doctor org-roam-db emacsql-sqlite3 emacsql emacsql-compiler
org-roam-dailies org-roam-capture org-capture org-roam-completion
org-roam-buffer org-roam-faces org-roam-macs org-roam-compat org-id
org-element avl-tree generator ob-plantuml ob-java ob-C
modern-cpp-font-lock cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ob-sass ob-css ob-js
ob-ruby ob-python ob-perl ob-shell shell ob-go ob-mermaid org ob
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src
ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
time-date org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table ol
org-keys org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs cal-china-x cal-china lunar
solar cal-dst holidays hol-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
which-key highlight-defined overseer pkg-info url-http url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history mailcap url-auth
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr
url-cookie url-domsuf url-gw lisp-mnt epl display-line-numbers goto-addr
flyspell ispell cap-words superword subword origami origami-parsers cl
symbol-overlay highlight-indent-guides rainbow-delimiters
persistent-scratch rg vc vc-dispatcher rg-info-hack rg-menu transient
async-bytecomp async format-spec rg-ibuffer rg-result wgrep-rg wgrep
rg-history rg-header flycheck find-func projectile-rails rake
inflections inf-ruby ruby-mode smie autoinsert projectile grep ibuf-ext
all-the-icons-ibuffer ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs dap-ui gdb-mi gud bui
bui-list bui-info bui-entry bui-core bui-history bui-button bui-utils
dap-mode dap-launch dap-variables posframe dap-overlays lsp-treemacs
lsp-lens lsp-treemacs-themes treemacs treemacs-header-line
treemacs-compatibility treemacs-mode treemacs-interface
treemacs-extensions treemacs-persistence treemacs-mouse-interface
treemacs-tag-follow-mode treemacs-filewatch-mode treemacs-tags
treemacs-follow-mode treemacs-rendering treemacs-async
treemacs-workspaces treemacs-dom treemacs-visuals
treemacs-fringe-indicator treemacs-scope pulse treemacs-faces
treemacs-icons treemacs-themes treemacs-core-utils pfuture ace-window
avy hl-line treemacs-logging treemacs-customization treemacs-macros
lsp-mode lsp-protocol yasnippet-snippets yasnippet xref project url-util
spinner network-stream puny nsm rmc markdown-mode color thingatpt
noutline outline inline imenu ht filenotify f ewoc compile
text-property-search comint ansi-color bindat editorconfig rbenv
init-web init-elixir init-dart init-ruby init-python init-rust init-go
init-c init-elisp init-prog init-lsp init-projectile init-flycheck
init-vcs init-utils init-docker init-reader init-org init-markdown
init-shell init-eshell init-treemacs init-window init-persp
init-kill-ring init-ibuffer init-highlight init-dired init-dashboard
diminish dashboard dashboard-widgets time recentf tree-widget
page-break-lines init-calendar init-yasnippet init-company init-ivy
all-the-icons all-the-icons-faces data-material data-weathericons
data-octicons data-fileicons data-faicons data-alltheicons memoize
init-edit init-ui doom-themes-ext-treemacs doom-themes-ext-visual-bell
face-remap doom-one-theme doom-themes doom-themes-base solaire-mode
init-hydra pretty-hydra hydra ring lv s dash-functional dash init-basic
comp warnings exec-path-from-shell init-package cl-extra help-mode
use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key use-package-core finder-inf rx info advice
package browse-url url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars seq byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cus-edit easymenu cus-start cus-load
wid-edit cl-macs init-funcs easy-mmode subr-x edmacro kmacro cl-loaddefs
cl-lib init-custom init-const gv tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face pcase macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
xwidget-internal kqueue cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
nativecomp emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 854930 543097)
 (symbols 48 55503 3)
 (strings 32 229090 110887)
 (string-bytes 1 8044054)
 (vectors 16 81108)
 (vector-slots 8 1557772 519971)
 (floats 8 2877 2062)
 (intervals 56 7314 898)
 (buffers 992 15))