Subject: [bug#44033] [PATCH 1/3] gnu: Add r-decon.

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 09:59:28 +0200

Hi,

Please keep CC [email-masked]. :-)

On Thu, 22 Oct 2020 at 08:22, Aniket Patil <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Also what do you mean by
> >  The file gnu/packages/cran.scm has changed between so your patches do
> > not apply anymore.  Could you rebase on the top?  Please.
> Do you mean that those packages are included? Or do you mean the packages aren't indented correctly?

I mean that the file gnu/packages/cran.scm has changed (new packages
that are not yours have been added) so the patches you sent do not
apply (which means that "git am" fails).

Your packages are *not* included, yet.  Because they are not compliant
enough with the standard.  The indentation is one the minor tweaks you
have to do.

To summary:

  1. please re-read
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2020-10/msg00047.html>
and you can experiment with <https://git-send-email.io/#step-4> (see
the other steps too) and train with for example
<https://git-rebase.io/>.
  2. do the changes (git rebase -i)
  3. rebase your branch (if any) on the top of master
  4. git format-patch -v2 --base=<last-master-commit-before-your-changes>
  5. git send-email --to=[email-masked] ...

Does it make sense?  If you are failing, do not hesitate to ask help
on #guix over IRC.

All the best,
simon