Subject: bug#44027: closed (Re: bug#44027: [PATCH] installer: Create bios_grub partition when it is needed.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2020 20:01:02 +0000

Your bug report

#44027: 1.2-29a2eb3 Installer fails at final stage installing GRUB.

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
44027: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=44027
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#44027: [PATCH] installer: Create bios_grub partition when it is needed.
From: Miguel Ángel Arruga Vivas <[email-masked]>
To: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Cc: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Brendan Tildesley <[email-masked]>, Brett Gilio <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2020 21:59:30 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]> writes:
> Hello Miguel,
>
>> Is there any other issue remaining?  It doesn't modify this logic at
>> all.  Should I apply this patch to master then?
>
> Yes, your patch LGTM. Please make sure that system tests are still
> working by running:
>
> make check-system TESTS="gui-installed-os gui-installed-os-encrypted
> gui-installed-desktop-os-encrypted"

I pushed it to master as 19c14d95b3 after running successfully these
system tests.

Thank you very much, and happy hacking!
Miguel

Subject: 1.2-29a2eb3 Installer fails at final stage installing GRUB.
From: Brendan Tildesley <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>,Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 19:03:07 +1100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

|Going through the GUI installer selecting all the defaults, and install 
with LVM and ecryption, AND for the normal option without encryption I 
get these errors on TWO different laptops, both ~10 years old with BIOS. 
Encrypted: Installing for i386-pc platform. grub-install: warning: this 
GPT partition label contains no BIOS Boot Partition; embedding won't be 
possible. grub-install: error: embedding is not possible, but this is 
required for RAID and LVM install. Unencrypted: ||Installing for i386-pc platform. grub-install: warning: this GPT 
partition label contains no BIOS Boot Partition; embedding won't be 
possible. grub-install: warning: Embedding is not possible. GRUB can 
only be installed in this setup by using blocklists. However, blocklists 
are UNRELIABLE and their use is discouraged.. grub-install: error: will 
not proceed with blocklists.|
||