Subject: bug#44005: 28.0.50; Deleting region doesn't work

From: Parham Doustdar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 09:50:24 +0200

Hi,
Here are the steps to reproduce:
1. Create an empty buffer in any major mode, like fundamental
2. Type a character, like `a'
3. Select the entire buffer using `C-x h' and then press <DEL>
4. You will see " Beginning of buffer" in the echo area, and nothing will
be deleted.
In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin19.6.0, NS appkit-1894.60
Version 10.15.7 (Build 19H2))
 of 2020-10-14 built on C02Y80D7JHD4
Repository revision: 4bf9bb56b56b4acacd5d9430a19db32291bd078b
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1894
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.15.7

Configured using:
 'configure --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-silent-rules
 --enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs-plus@28/28.0.50/share/info/emacs
 --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs-plus@28/28.0.50 --with-xml2
 --with-gnutls --with-dbus --with-imagemagick --with-modules --with-rsvg
 --without-pop --with-ns --disable-ns-self-contained'

Configured features:
JPEG TIFF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK DBUS GLIB NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS
LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: C
  value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  global-voice-lock-mode: t
  voice-lock-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/pdoustdar/src/emacspeak/lisp/tetris hides
/usr/local/Cellar/emacs-plus@28/28.0.50/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/play/tetris

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug emacspeak-message message rmc puny
emacspeak-dired locate dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec
emacspeak-epa epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util emacspeak-rmail
rmailsort emacspeak-desktop desktop frameset rmail rmail-loaddefs
auth-source eieio eieio-core eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map
text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils emacspeak-widget wid-edit
emacspeak-tab-bar emacspeak-buff-menu emacspeak-advice emacspeak-cedet
cl-macs emacspeak-setup mac-voices emacspeak emacspeak-preamble
emacspeak-sounds emacspeak-speak emacspeak-keymap sox-gen
emacspeak-pronounce voice-setup cl-extra help-mode easymenu seq
dectalk-voices acss-structure emacspeak-load-path byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-seq subr-x cus-load dtk-speak dtk-unicode advice
dtk-interp cl-loaddefs cl-lib gv tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
kqueue cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 122800 11810)
 (symbols 48 9949 1)
 (strings 32 28427 3038)
 (string-bytes 1 920771)
 (vectors 16 20743)
 (vector-slots 8 234751 11153)
 (floats 8 76 18)
 (intervals 56 245 0)
 (buffers 992 13))