Subject: 27.1; Small window height with VcXsrv X server when built with gtk3 toolkit

From: "J. Scott Berg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 01:55:44 +0000

Run "emacs -Q" on a remote machine, the local X server is VcXsrv on Windows
The window that opens will only have 5 lines.
This occurs when emacs is built to use the gtk3 toolkit
Everything is fine on the local display of the Linux machine
Everything is fine if emacs is built to use the gtk2 toolkit

In GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30)
 of 2020-10-14 built on jsberg-2011.cap.bnl.gov
Windowing system distributor 'HC-Consult', version 11.0.12008001
System Description: Scientific Linux 7.8 (Nitrogen)

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Configured using:
 'configure --with-toolkit=gtk3 --with-gif=ifavailable
 --with-tiff=ifavailable --with-gnutls=ifavailable
 --prefix=/home/jsberg/opt/emacs-27.1'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG PNG SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY FREETYPE HARFBUZZ
XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS PDUMPER

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date
subr-x seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 45141 7435)
 (symbols 48 5981 1)
 (strings 32 15436 1366)
 (string-bytes 1 508930)
 (vectors 16 10058)
 (vector-slots 8 131405 5092)
 (floats 8 19 27)
 (intervals 56 191 0)
 (buffers 1000 11)
 (heap 1024 11007 1146))