Subject: bug#44000: Guile-Git cross-compiled to i586-pc-gnu gets bytestructures wrong

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 18:37:56 +0100

Hi,

Taylan Kammer <[email-masked]> skribis:

> The module (bytestructures guile numeric) ought to work, although it
> doesn't contain the binding 'arch32bit?'.  Do you actually need that 
> predicate, or was that just for demonstration?  The "right" way to
> test whether the predicate works correctly would be to check whether
> e.g. intptr_t equals int32 or int64 as per 'eq?'.

Oh right, that makes sense.  Apparently, all is good:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
scheme@(guix-user)> ,m (bytestructures guile numeric)          
scheme@(bytestructures guile numeric)> intptr_t
$2 = #<bytestructure-descriptor 0x5600e60>
scheme@(bytestructures guile numeric)> (eq? intptr_t int32)
$3 = #t
scheme@(bytestructures guile numeric)> (eq? intptr_t int64)
$4 = #f
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I’ll get more debugging info about the crash and will let you know if
Bytestructures is the culprit.  ;-)

Ludo’.