Subject: bug#44000: Guile-Git cross-compiled to i586-pc-gnu gets bytestructures wrong

From: Taylan Kammer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 20:47:04 +0200

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Taylan Kammer <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> Could you please test whether bytestructures 1.0.8 fixes the issue?
>
> Thanks for the prompt reply!  I tested 1.0.8 and it does not fix the
> problem.
>
> I think the problem might be that the ‘cond-expand-provide’ call might
> affect a module that’s not the one tested in (eval '(cond-expand …) …).
>
> Does that make sense?

Yes, you're right.  I've made another release (1.0.9), where I use

  (environment '(guile) '(bytestructures guile numeric-data-model))

for the 'base-environment' binding in case we're running on Guile.

It now gives me correct results locally (woe on me for not having
properly tested the previous one) so I think it should definitely work
when cross-compiling too, since the 'eval' is sure to be executed at
run-time and not compile-time...

Fingers crossed, I hope I don't waste your time this time!

- Taylan