Subject: [bug#43976] [PATCH] Chicken build system + some example eggs

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2020 10:09:29 +0100

Hi raingloom!

raingloom <[email-masked]> skribis:

> From 2ba52705cf909590a428ea598dfdf1c61ada6a8c Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: raingloom <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 04:11:59 +0200
> Subject: [PATCH 01/20] gnu: Added search paths for Chicken Scheme.
>
> * gnu/packages/chicken.scm (chicken): Added search paths
>   [native-search-paths]: added CHICKEN_REPOSITORY_PATH and a comment about
>                          CHICKEN_INCLUDE_PATH.

[...]

> +    (native-search-paths
> +     (list (search-path-specification
> +            (variable "CHICKEN_REPOSITORY_PATH")
> +            ;; TODO extract binary version into a module level definition.
> +            (files (list "var/lib/chicken/11")))))
> +    ;; the use of this variable is unclear. the online docs don't even
> +    ;; mention it. i'm leaving it in as a comment for now, in case
> +    ;; something breaks.
> +    ;; (search-path-specification
> +    ;;  (variable "CHICKEN_INCLUDE_PATH")
> +    ;;  (files '("share")))

I think you can remove the comment here; presumably we now know that
CHICKEN_REPOSITORY_PATH is the one that matters.  :-)

Could you please ensure that earlier comments notably at
<https://issues.guix.gnu.org/43976#1> have been taken into account, that
the SRFI packages still build and have a layout consistent with the
var/lib/chicken/11 search path above, and send a v2 of the whole series?

Thanks in advance!

Ludo’.