Subject: bug#43969: closed (Re: bug#43969: 28.0.50; jupyter-emacs package fails to load on feature/native-comp)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 07:48:02 +0000

Your bug report

#43969: 28.0.50; jupyter-emacs package fails to load on feature/native-comp

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
43969: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=43969
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#43969: 28.0.50; jupyter-emacs package fails to load on feature/native-comp
From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
To: Daniel Kraus <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 07:47:12 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Daniel Kraus <[email-masked]> writes:

> I hit the same bug 6 month ago.
> This is an error in emacs-jupyter and not native-comp.
>
> I made a pull request to fix it here:
>
> https://github.com/nnicandro/emacs-jupyter/pull/248
>
> You can check this out locally and then it should work.
>
> Cheers,
>   Daniel

Hi Daniel,

thanks for commenting, I agree too this should be fixed on emacs-jupiter
side.  Maybe they just need a ping? :)

I'm closing this as there's no action we can take on our side, happy to
reopen in case.

Thanks!

  Andrea

Subject: 28.0.50; jupyter-emacs package fails to load on feature/native-comp
From: "Ricardo E. Gonzalez" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 21:28:45 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

To reproduce the problem, start emacs and native compile the
jupyter-emacs package (I am using version 20200417 from elpa).  Quit
emacs and start it again (emacs -Q) and load the jupyter-channel.elc
file.

The file fails to load and I get the following error message:

Loading packages/28.0/elpa/jupyter-20200417.1907/jupyter-channel.elc (native compiled elisp)...
load-file: Symbol’s value as variable is void: jupyter-channel

If I remove the native-compiled file from the eln cache, the file is
loaded correctly once (subsequent loads will fail again).

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.15.10, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2020-09-30 built on callebaut
Repository revision: 89f064104c25f8b4362ef54d28fd4bce18f6af3b
Repository branch: feature/native-comp
System Description: Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x --without-dbus --with-modules --without-pop
 --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-json --with-nativecomp'

Configured features:
XAW3D XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF
ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11 XDBE XIM MODULES NATIVE_COMP THREADS
JSON PDUMPER LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: C.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Messages

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs auth-source eieio
eieio-core eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map text-property-search
time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode view dired-aux dired
dired-loaddefs thingatpt find-func term/xterm xterm comp warnings subr-x
rx cl-seq cl-macs cl-extra help-mode easymenu seq byte-opt gv
cl-loaddefs cl-lib bytecomp byte-compile cconv tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face pcase macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 86417 5453)
 (symbols 48 8509 0)
 (strings 32 23454 2028)
 (string-bytes 1 775196)
 (vectors 16 13425)
 (vector-slots 8 265392 6902)
 (floats 8 31 503)
 (intervals 56 538 0)
 (buffers 992 13))