Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Git progress report and proxy support

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 22:49:57 +0200

Hello Guix!

This patch series closes two gaps:

  1. Lack of HTTP/HTTPS proxy support for Git clones/fetches as
     made by ‘guix pull’, ‘--with-branch’, etc.

  2. Lack of progress report for clones/fetches, which is a serious
     issue for big repos like that of Guix, which can take a couple
     of minutes to fetch: <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/39260>.
     This is also the first experience of ‘guix pull’ that people
     have: seemingly nothing happens during a couple of minutes.

I tested it with Guile-Git commit d418a854a3785b9ae96741f4c755517e29224197,
which should become 0.4.0 soonish.

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (3):
  git: Require Guile-Git 0.3.0 or later.
  git: Display a progress bar while fetching a repo.
  git: Support HTTP and HTTPS proxies.

 configure.ac  |   5 ++
 doc/guix.texi |   4 +-
 guix/git.scm  | 140 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------------------
 m4/guix.m4    |  22 ++++++++
 4 files changed, 109 insertions(+), 62 deletions(-)

-- 
2.28.0