Subject: bug#43965: 27.1; An Introduction to Programming in Emacs Lisp

From: Carlos Ysais <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 20:26:30 +0800

Hello,

Thanks for explaining why it is impossible for regular
expressions to distinguish sentences ending with one space. Looking back
at the book, it is indeed explained. I may have glossed over it (which
is a mistake in my part). Interestingly, I wasn't even taught in school
that there was an alternative to one space. So the book was the first to
bring two spaces to my attention. Again thanks for showing the existence
and benefits of using two spaces.

Regarding the other sections of the book I have commented on, I am sorry
in advance if they weren't bugs but rather misunderstandings on my part 
(just
like this regex section). For example I wrote:

   > The beginning sentence "Here is a simple extension to Emacs that moves
   > the line point is on to the top of the window." should be "Here is a
   > simple extension to Emacs that moves the line point to the top of the
   > window.".

The original sentence was already correct and I was just reading "line 
point" as
a single word rather than separate words which made me confused. Though
personally I find inserting "where" to transform the phrase to "the line 
where
point is on" makes it less confusing. Maybe I should sleep on it before 
sending
a bug report.

Best regards,
Carlos Ysais