Subject: bug#43961: read carefully: dired-file-name-at-point vs dired-filename-at-point

From: Boruch Baum <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 00:19:11 -0400

On 2020-10-14 05:45, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> It's not about code efficiency -- whether this function is efficient or
> not doesn't make any difference, since we'd deprecate it, and change the
> callers.

> Sorry, I don't think this is a good change.  Renaming these functions
> just because we have two almost identical ones (when we should just
> remove one of them) doesn't make much sense.

Maybe you're catching me on a bad day, but I don't have the patience to
continue this discussion. IMO, you're making a glaringly bad call. If my
presentation was inadequate, that's on me; I can't present any clearer
than I have already done previously on this thread, so someone else is
going to need to carry the ball on this, or maybe you'll re-read the
thread more carefully and change your mind. I'm moving on to other
issues.

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0