Subject: bug#43960: closed (Re: bug#43960: incompatible bytecode version)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 06:19:01 +0000

Your bug report

#43960: incompatible bytecode version

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
43960: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=43960
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#43960: incompatible bytecode version
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Cc: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>, [email-masked],Дмитрий Поляков<[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 01:18:14 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

zimoun <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 at 09:53, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> I don’t think it’s a reasonable response: it’s a fact that we naturally
>> tend to read manuals sparsely, at best.
>>
>> Since the pastes vanished, how did ‘sudo guix pull’ lead to incompatible
>> bytecode warnings?
>
> If I remember correctly (which is neither a reasonable response :-)), it
> should highly come from the user config.  And the investigation needs
> more information, e.g., as Tobias asks: the output of:
>
>   $ type guix
>   $ ls -l ~/.config/guix/current
>   $ sudo rm ~/.config/guix/current
>   $ /run/current-system/profile/bin/guix pull
>   $ hash guix
>   $ type guix

Yes, and we haven't gotten any of that information in a year.

Дмитрий, I'll close this old report which I don't see actionable, but if
you get hit by the problem again, it'd be helpful if you could capture
the above detail and what led you to the problem.

Thanks!

Maxim

Subject: incompatible bytecode version
From: Дмитрий Поляков<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 18:24:06 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

;;; In procedure load-thunk-from-memory: incompatible bytecode version

;;; WARNING: loading compiled file
/run/current-system/profile/lib/guile/3.0/site-ccache/gnu/packages/mtools.go
failed:

;;; In procedure load-thunk-from-memory: incompatible bytecode version

;;; WARNING: loading compiled file
/gnu/store/kn4sqrhnbklqii9ac0xbljkhwg3p2g1m-guix-module-union/lib/guile/3.0/site-ccache/guix.go
failed:

;;; In procedure load-thunk-from-memory: incompatible bytecode version

;;; WARNING: loading compiled file
/run/current-system/profile/lib/guile/3.0/site-ccache/guix.go failed:

;;; In procedure load-thunk-from-memory: incompatible bytecode version

;;; WARNING: loading compiled file
/gnu/store/kn4sqrhnbklqii9ac0xbljkhwg3p2g1m-guix-module-union/lib/guile/3.0/site-ccache/guix/monad-repl.go
failed:

;;; In procedure load-thunk-from-memory: incompatible bytecode version

;;; WARNING: loading compiled file
/run/current-system/profile/lib/guile/3.0/site-ccache/guix/monad-repl.go
failed:

;;; In procedure load-thunk-from-memory: incompatible bytecode version

Backtrace:

          19 (_ #<procedure 7f562e23f6c0 at ice-9/eval.scm:330:13 ()> …)

          18 (_ #<procedure 7f562e23f3e0 at ice-9/eval.scm:330:13 ()> …)

In ice-9/eval.scm:

   191:27 17 (_ #(#(#<directory (guix store) 7f5643a77000> #<pr…>) …))

   196:35 16 (_ #(#(#(#<directory (guix store) 7f5643a77000> …) #) #))

   298:34 15 (_ #(#(#(#<directory (guix channels) 7f563d5da140>) …) …))

In ice-9/boot-9.scm:

   2806:4 14 (save-module-excursion _)

    152:2 13 (with-fluid* _ _ _)

In unknown file:

          12 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/72dq02lisz4w74iphp4a8agjsp0…")

In ice-9/eval.scm:

   626:19 11 (_ #<directory (build-self) 7f563c4778c0>)

   293:34 10 (_ #<directory (build-self) 7f563c4778c0>)

   293:34  9 (_ #(#(#<directory (gnu packages) 7f563f504640>) "gu…" …))

    619:8  8 (_ #(#(#(#<directory (gnu packages) 7f563f504640>) …) #))

   626:19  7 (_ #(#(#(#<directory (gnu packages) 7f563f504640>) …) #))

   293:34  6 (_ #(#(#(#<directory (guix memoization) 7f5643…> …) …) …))

In ice-9/boot-9.scm:

  1731:15  5 (with-exception-handler #<procedure 7f56238671b0 at ic…> …)

In ice-9/eval.scm:

    619:8  4 (_ #(#(#(#<directory (gnu packages) 7f563f504640> #)) #))

   626:19  3 (_ #(#(#(#<directory (gnu packages) 7f563f504640> #)) #))

In unknown file:

           2 (load-compiled/vm "/home/lil/.config/guix/current/lib/g…")

In ice-9/boot-9.scm:

  1669:16  1 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)

  1669:16  0 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)

ice-9/boot-9.scm:1669:16: In procedure raise-exception:

In procedure load-thunk-from-memory: incompatible bytecode version