Subject: Re: bug#43943: >=27.1; segfault with package-list-packages and others

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 19:33:20 +0200

>>>>> On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 20:24:17 +0300, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> said:

    >> From: "Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide" <[email-masked]>
    >> Cc: [email-masked]
    >> Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 18:32:11 +0200
    >> 
    >> > My guess is that it was the fontconfig cache.
    >> 
    >> Can something be done to prevent a segfault in this case?

    Eli> Most probably, but we need more data about the cause(s), so until you
    Eli> or someone else reproduces the problem and provides the additional
    Eli> data, I don't see how we can make any progress.  Your build was
    Eli> stripped of debug symbols, so we don't even know in which source line
    Eli> the crash happened, and cannot make any intelligent guesses why that
    Eli> could happen.

    Eli> Another important detail is the font that was being opened at the
    Eli> point of the crash.

    Eli> So if you or someone else can provide these details, I'm sure we will
    Eli> find the culprit soon enough.  It could even be that this is already
    Eli> solved in the development sources.

bug#41627 perhaps? Iʼd test it, but my GNU/Linux box is terminal ATM.

Robert
--