Subject: bug#43943: >=27.1; segfault with package-list-packages and others

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 20:24:17 +0300

> From: "Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide" <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 18:32:11 +0200
> 
> > My guess is that it was the fontconfig cache.
> 
> Can something be done to prevent a segfault in this case?

Most probably, but we need more data about the cause(s), so until you
or someone else reproduces the problem and provides the additional
data, I don't see how we can make any progress.  Your build was
stripped of debug symbols, so we don't even know in which source line
the crash happened, and cannot make any intelligent guesses why that
could happen.

Another important detail is the font that was being opened at the
point of the crash.

So if you or someone else can provide these details, I'm sure we will
find the culprit soon enough.  It could even be that this is already
solved in the development sources.

Thanks.