Subject: bug#43941: bug#46312: HTML+ mode vs. quotes

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 15:52:40 +0200

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 15:00:16 +0200 Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Stephen Berman <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Upthread Eli said "some SGML/HTML expert should say if that is TRT".
>> I'm no such expert so I can't make that decision.
>
> I'm not either, but at this point I'd rather apply the patch and then we
> can see whether some SGML expert pipes up...

Sounds good.

>> Here's the test, in case someone else wants to see if
>> they can figure it out; I haven't succeeded:
>
> Just needs a `font-lock-ensure' after `html-mode'.  :-)  Then the test
> fails without your patch, and passes with your patch.

Ah, thanks.  The ways of font lock are unfathomable to me.

> So I went ahead and pushed your patch (and the test) to Emacs 28 (with
> some minor changes to the test).

Thanks.  I noticed, unfortunately only just now, that the ert test
includes the unused let-bound variable `results' which I inadvertantly
left behind from the previous version, and which will probably make the
byte-compiler complain.

Steve Berman