Subject: Re: [bug#43915] [PATCH 0/3] Update python-breathe and dependencies

From: Simon South <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 18:39:36 -0400

Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> writes:
> I've pushed the python-six change to the core-updates branch as
> 6f95911ad175a836fbd5aaa42a8aecb0fc335a1e.

Nice, thanks.

> Given the python-sphinx change is a major version update, I was unsure
> about pushing it to master, at least without testing whether any of
> the 363 dependent packages are broken by this change.

Yes, after submitting the patch I realized: It's really too significant
a change for the amount of testing I've done on it. Better to hold off
for now I think, especially with the release coming up.

My interest really was in seeing python-breathe updated, as the new
version happens to fix a warning from Sphinx when generating Texinfo
output (and there's only one other package it affects, which I
definitely have tested). I thought updating its dependencies at the same
time would be a good idea but now I think it would be a bit reckless.

-- 
Simon South
[email-masked]