Subject: Re: [bug#43915] [PATCH 0/3] Update python-breathe and dependencies

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 22:48:03 +0100

Simon South <[email-masked]> writes:

> Simon South <[email-masked]> writes:
>> Note "guix refresh --list-dependent" reports that python-breathe,
>> python-sphinx and python-six have 1, 363 and 6,538 dependent packages,
>> respectively.
>
> ...and as soon as I hit "send" I notice this in the Guix manual:
>
>     ...if your patch is to be applied on a branch other than ‘master’,
>     say ‘core-updates’, specify it in the subject like ‘[PATCH
>     core-updates] ...’.
>
> I can resend if desired, and I'll follow this convention in the future.

No problem :)

I've pushed the python-six change to the core-updates branch as
6f95911ad175a836fbd5aaa42a8aecb0fc335a1e.

Given the python-sphinx change is a major version update, I was unsure
about pushing it to master, at least without testing whether any of the
363 dependent packages are broken by this change.

I think the staging branch is also frozen. I'll investigate tomorrow
about starting a new staging branch...