Subject: Re: [bug#43910] [PATCH] gnu: emacs-modus-vivendi-theme: Update to 0.13.0.

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 19:33:39 +0100

Hello,

Morgan Smith <[email-masked]> writes:

> If we do really want to keep using elpa (someone please explain to me
> the benefits of doing this) than the good news is the author is working
> on it and we just have to be patient. The moment this link says 0.13
> instead of 0.12, we can do a version bump:
> https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/modus-operandi-theme.html

GNU ELPA is preferred because updating the package is much easier. This
is important when you have lot of packages you want to keep up-to-date.
It is also easier to get notified about updates, but that's not specific
to Guix.

Usually, GNU ELPA catches up releases quickly, but it seems more
complicated in this case. So, I think it is reasonable to update this
package using GitHub source and switch back to ELPA when the situation
is sorted out.

Regards,

-- 
Nicolas Goaziou