Subject: Re: [bug#43910] [PATCH] gnu: emacs-modus-vivendi-theme: Update to 0.13.0.

From: Morgan Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2020 09:19:18 -0500

Hi Ludo,

So I really want it to be applied as is so I can use package
transformations and build this package from master (Currently if you try
to use package transformations you will obtain an extra unwanted file).
However, for some reason (I still don't know why) we like to use elpa.

If we do really want to keep using elpa (someone please explain to me
the benefits of doing this) than the good news is the author is working
on it and we just have to be patient. The moment this link says 0.13
instead of 0.12, we can do a version bump:
https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/modus-operandi-theme.html

Morgan

On 11/2/20 8:50 AM, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> Nicolas, Morgan: what’s the status of this patch?
> 
> TIA! :-)
> 
> Ludo’.
> 
> Morgan Smith <[email-masked]> skribis:
> 
>> I was thinking the author likely stopped updating elpa once his package
>> made it into mainline emacs (but not in time for 27.1). I guess I'll
>> reach out and let him know he should keep updating it for a bit.
>>
>> Also I remembered someone telling me to not use elpa. Upon checking the
>> history, you warned me about melpa, not elpa.
>>
>> Cheers!