Subject: Re: bug#43909: 26.1; read syntax breaks prettify-symbols

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 02:41:02 +0200

marmot-te <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Sat, Oct 10 2020, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
>
>> marmot-te <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> I constated that using the read syntaxe ?\“
>>> will interfere with any prettified symbols below it in the buffer.
>>>
>> L : I’m guessing that your mail software has destroyed the code example, and
>
> However I don’t see any problem when I send it to my self, it’s mu4e.
> Should I escape somehow my backslashs ?

The destruction was that your " characters (0x22) are translated into “
characters (0x201c) (and so on), so it's not valid Emacs Lisp any more.
Please adjust the mail software you're using, because none of the code
examples you're posting can be used by other people.  (And re-send the
example for bug reproduction.)

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no