Subject: bug#43889: 28.0.50; [PATCH] Add new smiley-style emoji to Gnus

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2020 22:50:03 +0200

Adam Sjøgren <[email-masked]> writes:

> The new smiley-style called emoji takes advantage of the harfbuzz glyph
> rendering to represent smileys as colorful unicode emoji rather than
> images.
>
> * lisp/gnus/smiley.el (smiley-style): Add emoji
> tag. (smiley-emoji-regexp-alist): New defcustom. (smiley-update-cache,
> smiley-region): Support emoji (non-image) replacement.

Sounds good to me, but I think the patch was destroyed somewhere along
the way?  At least it doesn't apply to me, and...  it doesn't quite
make sense, either because it's all

+    ("\\(😬\\)\\W" 1 "😬")

If we see a 😬, then transform it to 😬?  Has something pre-transformed
smilies into Unicode along the way?  Very mysterious.

So could you resend the patch as an attachment?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no