Subject: Re: [bug#43885] [PATCH] guix build: Add '--with-debug-info'.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 11:39:15 +0200

Hi!

Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> * guix/scripts/build.scm (transform-package-with-debug-info): New
>> procedure.
>> (%transformations): Add 'with-debug-info'.
>> (%transformation-options, show-transformation-options-help): Add
>> '--with-debug-info'.
>> * tests/scripts-build.scm ("options->transformation, with-debug-info"):
>> New test.
>> * doc/guix.texi (Package Transformation Options): Document
>> '--with-debug-info'.
>> (Installing Debugging Files): Introduce sections.  Remove bit about
>> eventual "opt-out" since this is not happening.  Document
>> '--with-debug-info' under "Rebuilding with Debugging Info".
>
> Love it.  LGTM!

Cool.  :-)

Unfortunately the ‘glib’ example is impaired by
<https://issues.guix.gnu.org/43890>, which triggers rebuilds.  The bug
really only affects specific situations.  It probably shouldn’t be a
blocker, but it’s still annoying.  I’ll keep thinking about possible
solutions though.

Thanks,
Ludo’.