Subject: bug#43881: closed (Re: [PATCH 1/2] system: Add %base-packages-disk-utils.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 07:57:02 +0000

Your bug report

#43881: [PATCH 0/2] Deduplicate package sets

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
43881: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=43881
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] system: Add %base-packages-disk-utils.
From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 10:55:51 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Patches pushed!

-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   אפרים פלשנר
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted

Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Deduplicate package sets
From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2020 16:39:17 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I noticed that the installer has nano, zile and nvi, but %base-packages
has nano and zile. I also saw that the installer also pulls in
%base-packages and I figured it was a good time to do something about
it.

I moved nvi from the installer to %base-packages-interactive.
I created %base-packages-disk-utils to work with
disks/partitions/file-systems.

Of the packages I removed from the installer which weren't already part
of %base-packages:
wpa-supplicant-minimal: wpa-supplicant already provided by the
wpa-supplicant-service-type.
openssh: Already provided by the openssh-service-type.

I figure it's worth asking: should we be using wpa-supplicant-minimal
and openssh-sans-x for their services in the installer? Actually,
looking at the openssh-service-type I don't see it documented in the
manual a field to use a different openssh package.

Efraim Flashner (2):
  system: Add %base-packages-disk-utils.
  install: Deduplicate packages with %base-package sets.

 gnu/system.scm         | 38 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------
 gnu/system/install.scm | 37 ++++++++++---------------------------
 2 files changed, 39 insertions(+), 36 deletions(-)

-- 
2.28.0