Subject: bug#43866: 26.3; italian postfix additions

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2020 06:42:09 +0200

Mattias Engdegård <[email-masked]> writes:

> As you noted, e= is already in latin-postfix. It seems odd to require
> E= in one mode and e= in another. It makes more sense for
> italian-postfix to be a subset of latin-postfix, so that an Italian
> user who needs foreign letters can switch without relearning
> composition pairs.

I'm not sure I agree.  An input method specialised to a specific
language doesn't have to be a superset of the larger group -- a
less-specific input method may be intended for users that have less
experience with the language, and therefore be "sloppier"; i.e., have
more input methods so that the user will find the character easier (but
have more false positives that then will have to be fixed manually).

So I think Francesco is right here -- just add E=, and do nothing else
here (for the Euro).

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no