Subject: bug#43866: 26.3; italian postfix additions

From: Francesco Potortì <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2020 15:26:07 +0200

>    >> The rationale is that in Italy latin-9 should be used insterad of
>    >> latin1, which does not contain the euro symbol.  And that
>    >> italian-postfix should allow introducing the euro symbol.
>
>    Eli> As for the Euro symbol, I guess we need to add it to all the Latin
>    Eli> input methods, not just the Italian one?
>
>Itʼs already in latin-postfix and on C-x 8 * E, is that really
>necessary?

I don't use latin-postfix, because it gets in the way: there are many
more combinations than in italian postifix which change what I am
writing - this is an added burden for a minuscul added benefit.

This is why italian-postifix exists, in spite of the existence of
latin-postfix.

I don't use C-x 8 either, because I'd have to learn a lot of complex
bindings: when I need some exotic char I use the terminal or the X
combinations, which are easier and not specific to Emacs, unless I am
forced to.

This has little to do with italian-postfix, in fact.

All in all, I don't get your objection.  What would be the drawback of
adding the E = keybinding?