Subject: Re: bug#43866: 26.3; italian postfix additions

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 16:47:12 +0200

>>>>> On Tue, 20 Oct 2020 17:12:02 +0300, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> said:

    >> From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
    >> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
    >> Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2020 23:45:48 +0300
    >> 
    >> Here's is a working implementation.  It binds all key sequences to the key
    >> 'C-+' that has the mnemonics of adding a character.  'C-+' is free because
    >> it can't be used to zoom text since its counterpart key 'C--' is already
    >> taken to input numeric arguments.  'C-+ C-+' is bound to 'insert-char'
    >> like the current longer key sequence 'C-x 8 RET' that is hard to type.

    Eli> The implementation seems to rely on a file in the /usr/include tree
    Eli> that might not be there.  This is a significant disadvantage, IMO.  It
    Eli> means that, unlike all other similar facilities in Emacs, this one is
    Eli> not self-contained.

    Eli> Is it possible to lift this limitation?

Aren't all those definitions in lisp/term/x-win.el anyway?

Robert
--