Subject: bug#43863: [PATCH] grep: remove unusable code

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2020 12:53:47 +0300

Hi Norihiro Tanaka!

On Thu, 08 Oct 2020 18:55:50 +0900
Norihiro Tanaka <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Codes described in attached patch in this mail is dead.
> 
> These codes make sense when a maltibyte character is returned in case
> conversion for single byte character, but I believe that their cases are
> removed in commit 016e590a8198009bce0e1078f6d4c7e037e2df3c.

Do you mean the code is "unusable" (= "cannot be used";
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/unusable ) or is it "unused" (= "not being
used": https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/unused )?

-- 

Shlomi Fish       https://www.shlomifish.org/
Beginners Site for the Vim text editor - https://vim.begin-site.org/

Chuck Norris is the reason why OpenBSD is called OpenBSD. They wanted to
call it LockedDownBSD but couldn't find a way to keep Chuck Norris out!
(By Andrew Brehm) — https://www.shlomifish.org/humour/bits/facts/Chuck-Norris/

Please reply to list if it's a mailing list post - https://shlom.in/reply .