Subject: [bug#43851] [PATCH] gnu: sudo: Depend on python-minimal instead of python.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2020 23:18:43 +0200

Good evening Janneke,

Jan Nieuwenhuizen 写道：
> Depending on python pulls in X11:

It only depends on Python because I wasn't [consciously] aware of 
the existence of python-minimal.  Your patch LGTM.

> However...do we really want to extend sudo with eh, a large 
> programming
> language

I enabled Python support in sudo because it exists for the same 
reason that Guile does.

If we want a less hackable sudo - certainly a defensible position 
- that's fine by me.  If we do, then yes, I think Python is 
reasonable considering the alternative (C).

> that has a more impressive CVE list than a lovely tiny language
> such as, say Guile? ;)

Python has a more impressive almost-anything than Guile so that 
means nothing.

Kind regards,

T G-R