Subject: bug#43850: cuirass: inconsistent SQL queries execution time.

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 15:10:03 +0100

Hello Chris,

> I think Ricardo mentioned that the machine running Cuirass uses an SSD
> for the root filesystem, so moving the database there may help?

Looks like the database was already on the SSD before my tmpfs
experiment.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
mathieu@berlin ~$ df -h
Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
none             95G     0   95G   0% /dev
/dev/sda1       916G  321G  549G  37% /
/dev/sdb1        37T   34T  2.6T  94% /gnu
tmpfs            95G  8.0K   95G   1% /dev/shm
tmpfs            10G  2.4G  7.7G  24% /var/lib/cuirass_tmpfs
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I don't really get why I/O pressure on /dev/sdb could impact /dev/sda.

Thanks,

Mathieu