Subject: bug#43827: #42223 patch

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2020 06:19:42 +0200

Ruthra Kumar <[email-masked]> writes:

> Fixed the bug. It's now able to list and extract files from archive.

Thanks; I was unable to try it because it seems like the patch was
mangled during transport again.  Can you re-send it as an attachment?

> There is 1 edge case. If you press 'e' or 'RET' on a directory, the
> expected behaviour is the message 'Entry is not a regular member of
> archive'. Here, it tries to extract it as a file, cause
> 'archive-get-descr' fails to determine the type of the entry using
> 'mode' attribute. I face similar issues on RAR archive files as well.
>
> I suspect the 'mode' is not an exact integer representation of file
> permissions. Need more details on the 'mode' attribute of class
>
> Currently, the 'mode' value for squashfs is calculated from the file
> permissions outputted by 'unsquashfs -ll'.
> Ex: "-rwxrwxr-x" -> #o775

Right.  That should be fixed, but if the same issue is present in .rar
files, too, then doing so before integrating probably isn't necessary.

> Yes, i'm willing to assign copyright to Free Software Foundation. Let
> me know the procedure.

Sent off-list.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no