Subject: Re: bug#43797: astromenace does not work

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2020 13:33:53 +0200

Dear,

Thank you for the report.

First, there is no substitute; which is often a bad sign.  If Cuirass
wizard reads, is it possible to trigger again the build of
'astromenace'.

<https://data.guix.gnu.org/repository/1/branch/master/package/astromenace/output-history>

On Sun, 4 Oct 2020 at 23:16, Luis Felipe via Bug reports for GNU Guix
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Hi, I'm using guix b61e057. Just installed AstroMenace and it does not start. Trying to launch it from a terminal prints the following error:
>
> AstroMenace 1.4.1
> VFS version 190427
> Compiled against SDL version 2.0.12
> Linking against SDL version 2.0.12
> vw_OpenVFS(): Can't find VFS file share/astromenace/gamedata.vfs
> main(): gamedata.vfs file not found or corrupted.

Well, the file 'gamedata.vfs' seems to be a file which needs to be
built (it does not appear in the upstream source).  And I am not sure
this file is compliant with "free" licenses; Debian locates it in
'non-free', for example.

All the best,
simon