Subject: Re: bug#43756: Fix for TTY menus mouse interaction

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2020 10:23:09 +0300

> Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2020 12:54:54 -0700
> From: Jared Finder <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> > Ah, xterm-mouse-mode.  AFAIR, no one has made TTY menus work with
> > xterm-mouse-mode.  The first thing to do is to disable tmm-menubar,
> > and then you need to cause a mouse click call menu-bar-open with the
> > 2nd argument set to the X coordinate of the click.
> 
> I think this may be getting mixed up with my feature proposal on 
> emacs-devel? I did find this bug when working on making the TTY menus 
> work with xterm-mouse-mode and they both affect menus. The patches I 
> attached in that thread follow the pattern you described.
> 
> This bug report is separable from the rest of that feature. It's also 
> much smaller, just two lines. :) This fixes the current behavior of the 
> command tmm-menubar-mouse, which is bound to <menu-bar> <mouse-1>.

So you are saying that when tmm-menubar-mouse is invoked by mouse
clicks, it shows incorrect menus after "M-x ielm", but only if you
click on the menu items specific to IELM?  It sounds like tmm-menubar
has a bug in its translation of the X coordinate of the click to the
menu-bar item, perhaps because it considers only the global menu
keymap.