Subject: Re: bug#43753: rust-clippy does not provide the clippy command

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2020 11:46:54 +0200

Luis Felipe via Bug reports for GNU Guix 写道：
> In the #guix channel, mroh checked the "rust-clippy" package and 
> mentioned that it doesn't seem to have any output, which looks 
> like a bug.

No, it's intentional:

    (arguments
     `(#:skip-build? #t

This means that Clippy was packaged to satisfy a dependency of 
another package, but not (yet) to be useful on its own.

When I try to build it, I get:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
error: failed to run custom build command for `clippy v0.0.302
Caused by:
  process didn't exit successfully: 
  `/tmp/guix-build-rust-clippy-0.0.302.drv-0/clippy-0.0.302/target/release/build/clippy-bee5bea0d583d718/build-script-build` 
  (exit code: 1)
--- stderr
error: Clippy is no longer available via crates.io

help: please run `rustup component add clippy-preview` instead
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

It seems[0] to track Rust releases now.

Kind regards,

T G-R

[0]: https://github.com/rust-lang/rust-clippy/releases