Subject: bug#4375: 23.1.50; can't kill killed gud buffer

From: [email-masked] (Nick Roberts)
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 10:48:06 +1200

> Maybe associated with the other gdb error I have just reported.
 > If I run gud with --annotate=3
 > I get lots of pre-prompt and post-prompt output
 > (perhaps this is to be expected), I kill the process with a signals KILL
 > - off the pulldown menu) and if I then attempt to kill the *gud ...*
 > buffer I get the message
 > 
 > gdb-input: Buffer *gud-ipsa-scripted* has no process
 > 
 > and the buffer is not killed :-(

That does seem to be a bug, I have a look at it.  However, Emacs 23.1.50
should run GDB using GDB/MI (gdb -i=mi) not annotations (gdb --annotate=3)
so you shouldn't see any pre-prompt and post-prompt output.  I don't know
if you've customized gud-gdb-command-name or if your're manually editing
in the mini-buffer but you need to start with something like:

Run gdb (like this): gdb -i=mi yourprog

and you shouldn't need to kill the debugger.  Note that to stop the inferior
(program being debugged) you use C-c C-c (comint-interrupt-subjob) which
is signals BREAK on the pulldown menu.

 > ...
 > In GNU Emacs 23.1.50.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.16.1)
 >  of 2009-09-08 on robert-laptop

-- 
Nick                                           http://www.inet.net.nz/~nickrob