Subject: 26.1: simple.el: command-execute docstring [PATCH]

From: Boruch Baum <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2020 13:48:47 -0400

The docstring was using a non-standard form of reference for function
'this-command-keys', so function describe-command was unable to
auto-magically construct a link to it.

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0
diff --git a/simple.el b/simple.el
index 9483170..a03363f 100644
--- a/simple.el
+++ b/simple.el
@@ -1814,13 +1814,14 @@ invoking, give a prefix argument to `execute-extended-command'."
   ;; BEWARE: Called directly from the C code.
   "Execute CMD as an editor command.
 CMD must be a symbol that satisfies the `commandp' predicate.
-Optional second arg RECORD-FLAG non-nil
-means unconditionally put this command in the variable `command-history'.
-Otherwise, that is done only if an arg is read using the minibuffer.
-The argument KEYS specifies the value to use instead of (this-command-keys)
-when reading the arguments; if it is nil, (this-command-keys) is used.
-The argument SPECIAL, if non-nil, means that this command is executing
-a special event, so ignore the prefix argument and don't clear it."
+Optional second arg RECORD-FLAG non-nil means unconditionally put
+this command in the variable `command-history'. Otherwise, that
+is done only if an arg is read using the minibuffer. The argument
+KEYS specifies the value to use instead of the return value of
+function `this-command-keys' when reading the arguments; if it is
+nil, `this-command-keys' is used. The argument SPECIAL, if
+non-nil, means that this command is executing a special event, so
+ignore the prefix argument and don't clear it."
   (setq debug-on-next-call nil)
   (let ((prefixarg (unless special
                      ;; FIXME: This should probably be done around