Subject: Re: [bug#43745] [PATCH 26/27] gnu: ocaml-4.07: Ensure build with ocaml4.7-dune.

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 13:41:37 +0200

Well, the duplicate reported before appears:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
[100%] GUILEC   gnu/packages/ocaml.go
gnu/packages/ocaml.scm:2489:0: warning: shadows previous definition of `ocaml-stdlib-shims' at gnu/packages/ocaml.scm:268:0
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

On Thu, 01 Oct 2020 at 15:41, Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]> wrote:

> * gnu/packages/ocaml.scm (ocaml4.07-gen, ocaml4.07-sedlex)
> (ocaml4.07-ezjsonm, ocaml4.07-uri, ocaml4.07-charinfo-width)
> (ocaml4.07-zed, ocaml4.07-lambda-term, ocaml4.07-utop)
> (ocaml4.07-ppx-inline-test, ocaml4.07-earley, ocaml4.07-merlin)
> (ocaml4.07-sexplib0, ocaml4.07-parsexp, ocaml4.07-sexplib)
> (ocaml4.07-base, ocaml4.07-stdio, ocaml4.07-ppxlib, ocaml4.07-ppx-compare)
> (ocaml4.07-fieldslib, ocaml4.07-variantslib, ocaml4.07-ppx-fields-conv)
> (ocaml4.07-ppx-sexp-conv, ocaml4.07-ppx-variants-conv)
> (ocaml4.07-ppx-custom-printf, ocaml4.07-bin-prot, ocaml4.07-ppx-hash)
> (ocaml4.07-ppx-enumerate, ocaml4.07-ppx-bench, ocaml4.07-ppx-here)
> (ocaml4.07-ppx-typerep, ocaml4.07-ppx-sexp-value,

The package ’ocaml4.07-ppx-typerep’ does not exist.  Maybe
’ocaml4.07-typerep’ or ’ocaml4.07-ppx-typerep-conv‘?  I have been to
lazy to find the correct one.  Sorry.

> ocaml4.07-ppx-sexp-message)
> (ocaml4.07-ppx-pipebang, ocaml4.07-ppx-optional, ocaml4.07-ppx-optcomp)
> (ocaml4.07-ppx-let, ocaml4.07-ppx-fail, ocaml4.07-ppx-assert)
> (ocaml4.07-ppx-expect, ocaml4.07-ppx-js-style, ocaml4.07-ppx-typerep-conv)
> (ocaml4.07-ppx-base, ocaml4.07-ppx-bin-prot, ocaml4.07-ppx-jane)
> (ocaml4.07-splittable-random, ocaml4.07-configurator, ocaml4.07-spawn)
> (ocaml4.07-core, ocaml4.07-core-kernel)[arguments]: Use ocaml4.07-dune.
> ---
>  gnu/packages/ocaml.scm | 147 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------------
>  1 file changed, 98 insertions(+), 49 deletions(-)

I am not sure to understand how to use “guix refresh” to check how many
packages are impacted.

Otherwise, LGTM.