Subject: [bug#43743] [PATCH] Add package emacs-windsize

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2020 11:40:43 +0200

Hello,

Tomás Ortín Fernández via Guix-patches via <[email-masked]>
writes:

> Add windsize.el Emacs package

Thank you. Somme comments follow.

> +    (version "20181029")

This is not the official release number. This should be "0.1", with an
appropriate revision number since you're not using the release tag. Also
there should be a comment explaining why you're not using that release
tag (almost 10 years old here).

See, for example, emacs-dhall-mode package.

> +    (source (origin

Please move origin below source.

> +              (method git-fetch)
> +              (uri (git-reference
> +                    (url "https://github.com/grammati/windsize")
> +                    (commit "62c2846bbe95b0a73e996c75e4a644d05f57aaaa")))

The commit should be bound to a variable at the top of the package
definition.

> +              (sha256
> +               (base32
> +                "13kfrmv3vmkfanxv9nym5v43hx5p7xkgqmx65zcxh4gcbaham1mi"))))

Nitpick: Please move the hash on the same line as base32

> +    (build-system emacs-build-system)
> +    (home-page "https://github.com/grammati/windsize")
> +    (synopsis "Easy resizing of emacs windows")

-> Emacs windows

> +    (description "Move the borders of the active window with the arrow
> +keys (C-S-<dir> by default).  Always prefers to move the right or
> +bottom border when possible, and falls back to moving the left or top
> +border otherwise.")

I suggest to use non-imperative wording, e.g., This package allows
moving... It always prefers…

I also suggest to remove the reference to (C-S-<dir> ...) since it
belongs to the documentation of the package, not to its description.

Could you send an updated patch?

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou