Subject: 28.0.50; Misaligned read/unread items in Gnus group buffer

From: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 14:42:25 +0530

In the Gnus group buffer, the items are aligned differently when there
are read and unread items in them. I have tried in plain as well topic
mode (by pressing 't'). Earlier, the colons separating the number of
unread articles and backend and group-name were perfectly aligned in
each row. But now it is appearing misaligned. The *bold* group names
i.e. with the ones with unread articles are appearing shifted towards →
right.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 6, x86_64-apple-darwin19.6.0, NS appkit-1894.60 Version 10.15.7 (Build 19H2))
 of 2020-09-30 built on BigBook.local
Repository revision: 6c0f1c26d296132e37b2508a00efc73f3df95b0c
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1894
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.15.7

Configured using:
 'configure LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/opt/ruby/lib
 CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/opt/ruby/include
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/local/opt/sqlite/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/libxml2/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/openssl/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/libffi/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/ruby/lib/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG DBUS GLIB NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_IN.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Messages

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  semantic-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shr-color color ob-C ob-python org-element avl-tree generator ol-eww
ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect ol-docview doc-view
image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m smiley gnus-cite
mm-archive gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml disp-table gnus-topic qp pop3
nndraft nnmh utf-7 nnml nnfolder gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score
score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache .gnus nnir gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history mailcap shr kinsoku url-cookie
url-domsuf svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader shell sh-script
smie executable direnv dash kotlin-mode kotlin-mode-lexer rx cus-edit
cus-start cus-load help-fns radix-tree cl-print gnutls epa-file
network-stream nsm mailalias smtpmail shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug
sendmail grep cl-extra two-column iso-transl jka-compr rect vc-mtn vc-hg
vc-git diff-mode vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc
vc-dispatcher misearch multi-isearch checkdoc lisp-mnt
display-line-numbers elec-pair paren hideshow semantic/db-mode
semantic/idle semantic/analyze semantic/sort semantic/scope
semantic/analyze/fcn semantic/db eieio-base semantic/format ezimage
semantic/tag-ls semantic/find semantic/ctxt semantic/util-modes
semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local
cedet init server vtl cl init-java init-kotlin init-javascript company
js cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs eglot array filenotify jsonrpc ert ewoc debug
backtrace help-mode xref pcase url-util project imenu init-elisp
init-keys init-modeline init-looks init-editorconfig init-speedbar
init-recentf recentf tree-widget wid-edit init-date-time solar cal-dst
init-crypto init-browser init-icomplete icomplete init-which-key
which-key init-flymake flymake-proc flymake compile warnings init-dired
init-org org-indent org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint
ansi-color ring org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table ol
org-keys org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
org-compat advice org-macs init-erc erc-auth erc-join erc-goodies erc
erc-backend iso8601 thingatpt pp format-spec erc-loaddefs init-email
message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
init-ibuffer edmacro kmacro info early-init package easymenu browse-url
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
kqueue cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 463991 70026)
 (symbols 48 36377 25)
 (strings 32 117590 9076)
 (string-bytes 1 4029871)
 (vectors 16 61761)
 (vector-slots 8 1177555 65069)
 (floats 8 736 267)
 (intervals 56 9684 1320)
 (buffers 992 29))

-- 
Pankaj Jangid

GnuPG Fingerprint => 0B62 7424 3B26 A911 052A  DDE6 7C95 6E6F F858 7689