Subject: Re: [[email-masked]: Re: bug#43714: 28.1: auto-revert code improvements [PATCH]]

From: Boruch Baum <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 13:10:33 -0400

On 2020-09-30 18:54, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Boruch Baum <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> Even if you don't want to build Emacs, "git clone" gives you the tree
> and you can investigate whetever you want.

Then you read my next paragraph...

> > Apart from that, all I need is probably less than 5kb of data. You're
> > asking me to pull in how many mega-bytes / giga-bytes of git for this?
> > Had I the extra space and computing power, I would have done it ages
> > ago (seven year old pentium...).
>
> I didn't know they were still making Pentium CPUs seven years ago.

dmidecode tells me its a pentium; I routinely forget all the detailed
hardware internals of my machine, but I remember purchasing it new seven
years ago.

So, returning to focus on the work. option 1: just flat out reject that
line of the patch; option 2: send me the old versions of the files;
option 3: tell me how to use the savannah cgit interface to pull the two
files.

This all being volunteer work, all options are of course themselves
optional.

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0