Subject: [[email-masked]: Re: bug#43714: 28.1: auto-revert code improvements [PATCH]]

From: Boruch Baum <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 12:51:27 -0400

On 2020-09-30 17:12, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Boruch Baum <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > Seriously now. Should I send an email to Luc, asking him what he was
> > thinking 15 years ago? Otherwise, I'd be willing to look over the
> > versions at that commit and it's HEAD^ if you can send them to me.
>
> Pulling down (and building) Emacs is super-duper easy:

No, it wasn't. I spent a lot of time last week failing to resolve the
ensuing dependency hell generated.

>
> sudo apt build-dep emacs
> git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/emacs.git
> cd emacs
> make
> ./src/emacs &

Maybe I wasn't clear. I meant just the file autorevert.el from the
commit and its HEAD^, not the entire emacs snapshot at those points.

Apart from that, all I need is probably less than 5kb of data. You're
asking me to pull in how many mega-bytes / giga-bytes of git for this?
Had I the extra space and computing power, I would have done it ages
ago (seven year old pentium...).

Another possibility would be if there is there a way to query the
savannah cgit web interface for that individual file at the snapshot and
its antecedent?

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0